East Africa manager
- Job Title: East Africa Sales Manager
- Responsible to: CEO
- Start date: July/August 2023
- Basis: Full-time
- Office based in Cheltenham (but some home-working flexible)
- Salary: Available on request
Summary: If you want to be part of the exciting but unpredictable journey of a new travel business that is carving out a much-needed niche in the industry, as a provider of exciting and inspiring, tailor-made adventures for families in Africa and the Indian Ocean then read on.
If not, stop here, because this role isn’t for you.
Company background: Coral Tree Travel launched in January 2021, at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic, as a provider of unique family safaris. The owners, Mike & Tess Kelly, identified the need for a travel company that specialised solely in luxury African adventures for families of all shapes and sizes.
Job Purpose: In order to drive further growth and expansions, the East Africa sales manager will take ownership of East Africa sales, product development, digital marketing, supplier relations, and the customer journey.
Sales and customer service
- Achieve a high level of conversion of East Africa enquiries
- Establish client rapport and deliver an impeccable level of service to ensure repeat and referral business
- Drive new business development via existing personal network
- Take responsibility for the entire customer journey of each client, to ensure the highest standards of service are delivered during the sales process, pre-travel, whilst travelling and post travel.
- Create and deliver client proposals and travel documents that showcase the knowledge and premium nature of the brand.
- Ensure margin and profitability hit company targets.
- Manage any travel emergencies and issues within your own pool of clients
Marketing and Product management
- Generate digital content for product pages, destinations, experiences and blogs
- Launch new destinations in East Africa
- Further develop East Africa portfolio
- Work with DMCs and other channels to identify new and exciting family-friendly product, alongside existing established properties
- Attend industry events
This list is not exhaustive and in addition to these duties and responsibilities, the East Africa manager is required to carry out any other reasonable duties that may be needed from time to time.
- A self-starting entrepreneurial spirit is essential in a new business
- Excellent communication skills, in person, via email and over phone/video call
- A relentless drive to deliver phenomenal customer service
- The ability to multi-task and ‘spin many different plates’ simultaneously
- Resourcefulness and the ability to problem-solve under pressure
- Ability to prioritise effectively and use good time management skills
- Extensive knowledge of the East Africa tailor-made safari market, particularly with respect to families
- Well-travelled within East Africa, ideally with family.
- Tailor-made travel sales experience
- Good Microsoft Office and IT skills
- Ideally, experience working in a small and unpredictable business in the start-up phase
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category .
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".
|The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.
|A variation of the _gat cookie set by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to allow website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. The pattern element in the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to.
|Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.
|This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website.
|Facebook sets this cookie to show relevant advertisements to users by tracking user behaviour across the web, on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.
|No description available.