Hog Hollow Country Lodge & Villas
The wonderful Hog Hollow Country Lodge & Villas is one of our very favourite choices on the Garden Route when it comes to a family-friendly, fun and easy-going lodge.
There are no other options in the area that offer the relaxed and flexible atmosphere that Hog Hollow does. There is truly something for everyone here, whatever your age – the pool area offers a great base from which to while away an afternoon and relax, while those with more energy can take advantage of the many activities to choose from.
The nearby riding stables, Hog Hollow Horse Trails, not only cater for riders of all abilities, but, if you are happier near a horse than on one, perhaps a horse-drawn carriage ride might be for you!
The beautiful Keurbooms river is close by and offers a wealth of ways to enjoy it – stand-up paddle boarding and sunset cruises to name just two. There are forest walking trails nearby, as well as Monkeyland Primate Sanctuary, a wild cat sanctuary, a bird sanctuary and one for amphibians as well.
The rooms are attractive in that the design is simple and tasteful, with more than a nod to African art and style. With all the activities on offer you may not find yourself with too much time to enjoy your Garden Route base, but if you do, you will be more than comfortable, and may well find it hard to leave!
Coral Tree luxury rating
Number of rooms
16 rooms and 2 villas
All ages welcome
Why we love it
"The perfect base from which to explore the area, this is a welcoming lodge with many different accommodation options - something to suit every family."
Tess, Coral Tree founder
Key Highlights & Amenities
- Excellent family-friendly sleeping arrangements - double-storey suites, or, two different self-contained villas to choose from
- Lots of attention paid to children - special turn-down service with milk, cookies and toys for example
- Laid-back, relaxed atmosphere, while also providing attentive service
- A wealth of activities on the doorstep, or within easy reach
- A wonderful pool area, and large grounds to explore
- Excellent cuisine that makes great use of local produce