Boschendal Wine Estate
An authentic winelands farm with an emphasis on sustainability
Located between Franschhoek and Stellenbosch, Boschendal is one of Western Cape’s oldest wine estates in the Cape Winelands. Here you will experience an authentic stay on a traditional working farm against the backdrop of the dramatic winelands mountains. Whether you are happy relaxing in your private cottage or suite, exploring the farm on foot or bike, or swimming in a dam, you can do as much or a little as you wish on this idyllic farm.
The fabulous Tree House and Outdoor Experience Programme for kids provides adventure and entertainment while parents can unwind or take in a wine tasting. Your children will return with a plethora of knowledge on how to run a farm, build camp fires and cook their own pizzas.
The accommodation is dotted around the estate either on the main Werf or amongst the orchards at the foot of the Simonsberg mountains. They range from one bedroom werf suites to the two and three bedroom cottages and the new Mountain Villa which sleeps up to twelve guests.
Being a working farm, there is a huge emphasis on sustainable eating providing exceptional food from farm to fork. Enjoy mouthwatering meals at the Werf Restaurant with views of the Werf Food Garden, or a hearty farm meal at the The Deli restaurant where they serve delicious wood-fired pizzas. Werf picnics are also a popular choice; lie under the shady trees on rugs or chairs provided by the estate and enjoy a basket of delicious and wholesome food. The Farm Shop provides a vast selection of local produce which you can then take to your cottage to create your own evening braii (local barbeque).
Coral Tree luxury rating
Number of rooms
84 rooms across a selection of cottages and suites
All ages welcome
Why we love it
"It ticks all the boxes - stunning scenery, incredible food and days full of adventure and fun. Every time we go back we discover something new and exciting."
Rosanna, Africa Travel Sales Manager
Key Highlights & Amenities
- Surrounded by incredible mountains and vineyards giving the perfect winelands experience
- A variety of private cottages and suites that suit couples, families or larger groups of friends
- Set on a working farm where you can see all the stages of the farm to fork produce
- Authentic winelands activities and a fantastic Tree House and kids club
- Excellent restaurant and café as well as a deli with produce from the farm to use on your own braii (barbeque)
- Sample Boschendal's finest wines under the vast oak trees