This completely unique lodge is set on the banks of a river, bordering the Nairobi National Park.
It makes a pleasing alternative to other accommodation in Nairobi in that you will still be in the heart of greater Nairobi, within easy reach of all the city offers, yet well away from the hustle and bustle.
To and from the international airport, the lodge is accessed through the national park – what better way to start and end your trip than through the very wildlife environment you have travelled to enjoy. Twenty minutes from collecting your bags, you can be spotting black rhino, cheetah and lions in the park.
Of the ten rooms at Emakoko, half are on the same level as the main area, and the other half are set higher up the hillside, and therefore more suitable to older children (although the funicular lift is a lot of fun!). Emakoko Private House is most suited to families as it has two bedrooms, and its own pool.
Coral Tree luxury rating
Number of rooms
9 rooms, one family cottage and one two-bedroom private house
All ages welcome
Why we love it
“Family owned and run, a stay here is the perfect introduction to Kenya, being on the border of Nairobi National Park. It is also a lovely place to end your trip and say goodbye (for now) to the African wilderness.”
Tess, Coral Tree founder
Key Highlights & Amenities
- Family owned and run - young family on site
- Game drives in Nairobi national park
- Balconies from which to spot birds and other small wildlife - resident hippo!
- Excellent location for both international and domestic airports
- Very close to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and Elephant Orphanage, and the Giraffe Centre
- Swimming pool and plunge pool