There are not too many spots to stay in where hippos come to graze on the lawn at night – the beautiful Loldia House is one of them.
The lakeshore setting here is truly unique, and with the beautiful gardens to stroll in, diverse activities and excellent cuisine, you will find it hard to tear yourselves away for the next destination on your journey.
You have the choice here of staying in the old farmhouse itself, or in the cottages in the grounds. The cottages are most suitable for families, but all accommodation either has views of Lake Naivasha, or Mt Longonot. Activities from this lodge mainly centre on the game viewing in the national parks close by, as well as such lakeshore pursuits as birdwatching (flamingo heaven!), boat trips, sundowner cruises and fishing. There are also farm walks to be had, past cattle and farmed ostrich, interspersed with plains game.
Coral Tree luxury rating
Number of rooms
9 rooms; 4 rooms at the House, 1 Cottage with 3 separate rooms and 1 Cottage with 2 separate rooms
Rift Valley Lakes
All ages welcome
Why we love it
“This is an immensely peaceful and pretty spot - the farmhouse nestles under fig and acacia trees, with Mt Longonot and the lake in the distance. A lovely place to ease into a safari and start to reconnect as a family.”
Tess, Coral Tree founder
Key Highlights & Amenities
- Game drives, boat trips on Lake Naivasha, pool, spa
- Accommodation in a beautiful old farmhouse, or cottages
- Ideal base from which to enjoy all the Kenya country life has to offer - golf and tennis close by
- Own airstrip for ease of access
- Ideal base from which to visit Lake Nakuru National park, Hell’s Gate National Park, and Eburu Forest Reserve
- Flamingo lakes: Bogoria, Elmenteita and Naivasha all close by