Elephant Plains Lodge
Elephant Plains Lodge is a modern, luxury lodge, located just outside Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Perched upon the western escarpment, the lodge has the most incredible views of the park and Lake George. Set in a private 80 acres, but only 2 minutes away from the park entrance, you’ll be able to enjoy the 270 degree panoramic vistas. The nearby lake Kikorongo serves as a waterhole for buffalo and elephants that come to drink its salty water.
The eight cottages are all fronted with floor-to-ceiling windows and have large verandahs, so you’ll be able to marvel at the views from indoors or out. Furthermore, the two family units can each house 6-8 guests with plenty of space.
The main guest area is gorgeous. Tea, coffee and sundowner drinks are served on a large open terrace, looking out to the lake. Birds flutter and tweet about the expansive surrounding gardens. When the temperature picks up in the afternoon, the large swimming pool offers the perfect place to cool down, whilst still enjoying the views.
Game drives usually take place in the Kasenyi plains of the park, which are an hour’s drive away. We also highly recommend an afternoon boat safari along the Kazinga channel.
Elephant Plains Lodge has a commitment to sustainable tourism. As such, the lodge runs on solar power and all buildings have been constructed from locally sourced materials. The stories of Ugandan topography and culture run throughout the property.
Coral Tree luxury rating
Number of rooms
6 cottages, plus 2 family cottages
Queen Elizabeth National Park
All ages welcome
Why we love it
"This is a stylish property with incredible views over the nearby lakes and the savannah plains of the national park. The glass-fronted units mean that full advantage is taken of the phenomenal surroundings."
Mike, Coral Tree founder
Key Highlights & Amenities
- Set just outside the national park, the lodge has the most amazing views over the surrounding area
- The glass-fronted cottages are super stylish and comfortable
- The large swimming pool is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the views
- Boat cruises are easily arranged along the Kazinga channel
- Kasenyi plains are an hour’s drive away, for the best game viewing in the northern sector of the park
- Enjoy watching wildlife come to drink from lake Kikorongo, while you relax with a gin and tonic in hand