Buhoma Lodge is perfectly located for gorilla trekking, and with impeccable hospitality to match, it may just be our favourite property in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Ten large, sustainably-built cottages are elevated along the forest hillside, each crafted from local materials. The design is contemporary yet incredibly homely; you’ll feel at home from the moment you arrive.
The lodge is only one of two in Buhoma to be located inside the national park and the location is a stone’s throw from the gorilla trekking departure point. Don’t be surprised to see monkeys and birds frequenting the surrounding lush gardens and, if you’re lucky, you may even see a gorilla or two pass through.
In the morning, you’ll wake to the sounds of the forest and view the rising mountain mist as you enjoy a wake-up drink on your balcony. Once your gorilla trekking is complete, you’ll be able to relax around the fireplace and trade stories of adventure with fellow travelers.
Beyond the gorillas, Buhoma Lodge is ideally situated to explore the local village and learn about the incredible projects that have been established over recent years. Gorilla tourism has brought a lot of sustainable investment to the local community. The lodge staff will be happy to show you around, making you feel like one of the family.
Coral Tree luxury rating
Number of rooms
10 luxury cottages
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
All ages welcome
Why we love it
"Authentic hospitality in a magical location, perfectly situated for gorilla trekking. Buhoma lodge is truly a home from home."
Mike, Coral Tree founder
Key Highlights & Amenities
- A gorgeous location and one of only two lodges located within the national park.
- Less than five minutes walk from the gorilla tracking registration point.
- Built from locally-sourced, sustainable materials
- Lovely, homely atmosphere and warm, friendly service.
- Spacious rooms perfect for couples or families
- Activities include forest walks, plus cultural and community projects. The staff will make you feel like one of the family!