The sister camp to Lebala (also run by Kwando Safaris) is nestled beneath tall ebony and marula trees along the banks of the Kwando River. Stunning views from the camp and an abundance of wildlife around camp contribute to the incredible experience you will have at Lagoon camp.
Each tent has a private deck, living room and ensuite bedroom with beautiful views over the river. As well as indoor and outdoor showers the rooms also have a luxurious bath where you can lie back and observe the wildlife as they come to drink at the river.
The family tent has a shared living area and bathroom and is very close to the main camp and swimming pool.
Day and night game drives will bring you within close proximity to a variety of wildlife and the area is famous for its high concentration of elephants thus attracting the attention of large predators. Wild dog are also frequently seen in the Kwando Reserve and regularly den near camp.
A highlight of your stay will be an afternoon river cruise on a double deck boat. Drift along the river, sundowner in hand, enjoying the breathtaking views whilst spotting bird life and animals along the way.
Coral Tree luxury rating
Number of rooms
8 tents including a family tent
Minimum age 6yrs
Why we love it
‘Incredible wildlife, exciting game drives and relaxing boat trips - what more could you want’.
Rosanna, Africa Travel Sales Manager
Key Highlights & Amenities
- One of two camps in the Kwando Reserve, both owned by Kwando Safaris
- Offers both land and water based activities plus night drives and fishing.
- The family tent is set away from the other tents and is close to the swimming pool
- Large herds of elephant and buffalo, especially in the winter months
- Wild dog regularly den near to the camp
- Sundowners on board the double deck river boat