Lebala camp, run by Kwando Safaris, is located in a remote and game rich area in the Kwando concession. This vast wilderness is home to large herds of elephant and buffalo who congregate along the river during dry season. These large numbers of animals attract predators as well as rare wild dog who are regularly seen around camp.
Lebala translates as ‘wide open spaces’ and the camp, one of two in the reserve, contrasts with the riverine forests where Lagoon Camp is found. The habitat is perfect for plains games including a variety of antelope, zebra and giraffe. There are no water activities at Lebala however guests can go on walking safaris with specialist guides.
The camp has eight tents, including a family tent which has twin rooms and a shared bathroom. Each tent has a viewing deck and luxurious double outside showers.
A swimming pool and communal fireplace can be found at the main area along with library where you can research the wildlife and birds you have spotted that day.
Coral Tree luxury rating
Number of rooms
8 tents including a family tent
Minimum age 6yrs
Why we love it
‘I love the traditional tented rooms and the wildlife in the area is just phenomenal. A simple, no frills camp where the focus really is the wildlife’.
Rosanna, Africa Travel Sales Manager
Key Highlights & Amenities
- Wildlife rich area in the Kwando concession with predator sightings and wild dog
- Simple tented rooms with unique mosquito nets letting in the views
- Land based game drives with a guide and tracker doubling the chance of tracking predators
- A private concession allowing night drives
- Relax by the swimming pool whilst watching elephants walking by
- Spacious family tent with two rooms in one unit