Elewana Serengeti Migration Camp
A classic safari camp set amongst rocky outcrops, in the heart of a fabulous game viewing area. A pool and friendly resident rock hyrax bring a unique touch to this lovely camp.
A stay at Elewana Serengeti Migration Camp puts you in the heart of the northern Serengeti action. It’s also set in a beautiful location that makes it a great camp to relax in, when the wildlife activities are done for the day.
The spacious private decks around the tents make taking in the wonders of the Serengeti from your doorstep very easy, for all members of the family. The camp is set among rocky outcrops which are home to creatures great and small. The guiding at this camp is excellent, with state-of-the-art game viewing vehicles to take you all over the Serengeti.
At the right time of year, witnessing the Great Migration crossing the Mara river is a day’s outing away, and year-round hot-air balloon safaris are a short drive away. The swimming pool here is an excellent way to keep cool and busy as needed on a hot afternoon, before tea and cake and an afternoon game drive. This is luxury family safari made easy.
Coral Tree luxury rating
Number of rooms
20 safari tents, each with a sleeper couch as well as room for a spare bed
Serengeti National Park
All ages welcome
Why we love it
“The spacious and well-furnished rooms are well thought out for families, the activities on offer are diverse, and the pool (complete with friendly resident hyrax lazing on the deckchairs!) provides welcome entertainment and cooling-off in the afternoons."
Tess, Coral Tree founder
Key Highlights & Amenities
- Some of the biggest tents to be found in the Serengeti, able to sleep a large family in one
- Resident game literally on the doorstep
- Most tents are raised, all with their own 360 degree viewing decks
- Mask, card and jewellery making using feathers, seeds and beads
- Marshmallow roasting round the campfire of an evening
- Guided nature walks for those over 12 years old
- Close to the hot-air balloon launch site